Fables and Myths of the Animals by the Author of The Jungle Book “Hear and attend and listen; for this befell and behappened and became and was: O my Best Beloved, when the tame animals were wild.” ― Rudyard Kipling, Just So Stories Just So Stories is a collection of short stories or fables by Rudyard Kipling. This volume includes: How the Whale Got His Throat How the Camel Got His Hump How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin How the Leopard Got His Spots How the Elephant Got his Trunk The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo The Beginning of the Armadillos How the First Letter was Written How the Alphabet was Made The Crab the Played with the Sea The Cat that Walked by Himself The Butterfly that Stamped The Tabu Tale
This Xist Classics edition has been professionally formatted for e-readers with a linked table of contents. This eBook also contains a bonus book club leadership guide and discussion questions. We hope you’ll share this book with your friends, neighbors and colleagues and can’t wait to hear what you have to say about it.
Xist Publishing is a digital-first publisher. Xist Publishing creates books for the touchscreen generation and is dedicated to helping everyone develop a lifetime love of reading, no matter what form it takes
Meet Baby Tiger! What does Baby Tiger do when she wakes up? How does Baby Tiger play? Follow along with this cute baby animal as it experiences its world, from playtime to bedtime. Warm illustrations plus a comforting story about the rhythms of a baby tiger's day make this perfect for the very youngest readers.
• The first book in this series Bridge of the Gods received rave reviews from School Library Journal and Kirkus, and also won several awards including 2017 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards: Silver, Pre-Teen Fiction – Fantasy; 2017 USA Best Book Awards Finalist in Children's Fiction; 2018 Oregon Book Award Finalist in Children's Literature; 2018 Gertrude Warner Awards for Middle-Grade Readers Shortlist
• Middle grade authors are constantly up against huge media properties like Star Wars and Minecraft and Frozen, yet still maintain a firm hold in children’s book sales; 3 of the top-selling authors on Nielsen's 2016 Children's Book Report were middle grade authors .
• Fantasy fiction is surging globally in both in literature and in film-related franchises, due to the popularity of Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and other fantasy book series-turned-film/television blockbuster successes (The Guardian, The Atlantic).
• Many Americans view protecting the environment as a top priority; in 2017, more than half (55%) of Americans ranked the environment as a top policy issue that President Donald Trump and Congress should tackle that year. (Pew Research Center)
• Middle readers
• Young adult readers
• Adult fiction/fantasy fans
• Nature lovers, conservationists, environmental groups, vegans, and animal rights activists
This book is full of wonderful WORDS and beautiful PICTURES! And it's EXCITING! And it's FUNNY! It might be the BEST BOOK EVER—if we could decide whose book it is. Redd and Bloo explore the way a book is made and accidentally build a friendship, too, in this tale told only in dialogue. Travis Foster and Ethan Long offer a hilarious story about the joy of reading, which brings people together in unexpected ways, proving that each book truly belongs to . . . the people who love it.
Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't feel. Feel, but never ever love.
From the moment Alina touches London's hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in.
Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers powerful enough to keep the queen in her prison. Three are dead. One remains … And to fight back, Alina risks sacrificing everything she has come to love.
This New Adult urban fantasy is packed with action and suspense and will have you yearning for more forbidden fae romance.
Join the Bunny Family for a busy day in their home town, on a fun-filled farm adventure, and at the port for an exciting outing in this seek-and-find book where there is always something to discover. From the time they wake up until the time they go to sleep, there is so much to see and do. Don't forget to keep an eye out for that pesky Benny Badger—he is always up to no good! With a fresh and adorable illustration style, and so many details on every page, this picture book begs to be read again and again.
Sea monster Ernest is starting his first day of school. But starting school is a big job! Fitting in when you're a sea monster is tough enough, and there's so much to learn and do—reading, singing, playing hide-and-seek with the fishermen, lunchtime in the algae patch.... This funny, charming twist on the worries and joys of starting school will reassure and delight the smallest children and the largest sea monsters alike.
24symbols is a digital reading service without limits. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and read all of the books offered in our catalogue on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 1 million books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".