Norse Mythology: An Enthralling Overview of Norse Myths Gods and Goddesses
Publisher: Enthralling History
Did you know that Loki is the father of the monstrous creatures that are prophesied to kill the gods of Asgard?
When Heimdall blows his horn to signal the beginning of Ragnarök, the gods of Asgard are left with no choice but to face the forces of chaos on the battlefield of Vigrid. This is when Loki and his monstrous sons, Jörmungandr the World Serpent and Fenrir the Giant Wolf, will exact their revenge, a mission they will succeed in, although it will cost their lives. On this day, everyone, including the mightiest of gods, will spill blood on the battlefield. The entire world will perish, leaving only an empty void for life to happen all over again.
The stories and myths of the Norse were passed down by the Vikings in oral tradition until they were recorded in manuscripts by anonymous authors in the mid-13th century. The myths that survived tell the story of how the world was first created by the gods using the dead body of a primeval giant, the existence of the different realms surrounding the universe, and various tales and lore about the gods’ adventures.
Here’s just a small fraction of what you’ll discover:
• How the body of the primeval giant, Ymir, was used to shape the earth
• A detailed description of all nine realms in the Norse world and the World Tree, Yggdrasil
• The famous legend of how Odin lost his eye in exchange for wisdom
• How Loki tricked the dwarves into creating Mjölnir and other treasures for the gods
• Three of Loki’s monstrous sons and their roles in killing the gods at Ragnarök
• The unexpected death of Baldur and the gods’ failed attempt at resurrecting him
• Loki’s gruesome punishment that led to his revenge during Ragnarök
• The vicious battle between Thor and the World Serpent
Scroll up and click the “add to cart” button to learn more about Norse mythology!