Children like adventures, even chronically ill children who are often hospitalized for extended periods of time. They also need “someone” they can talk to who understands and can be there even when family can’t. This is a story of hope, family, support and kindness. It demonstrates that not only can we depend on the kindness of family and friends but we can also count on the kindness of strangers without being preachy.
White Bear knows his way around hospitals. He lived in one for a long time before moving in with his best friend Angel. But one day, when Angel was being wheeled into the operating room, White Bear got tangled up in a pile of hospital sheets and ended up where he never expected to be. Will he find his way back to the Pediatric ICU before his best friend wakes up?
The story is written for children who spend a long time in hospitals and see the hospital as part of their everyday world. In White Bear’s adventure, you will meet a child that, in spite of health adversities and setbacks, has a zest for life and an insight into the world that healthy children of her age rarely have. White Bears Big Adventure will have you will cheering for White Bear's return while Angel will fill your heart with joy.
• The first book in this series Bridge of the Gods received rave reviews from School Library Journal and Kirkus, and also won several awards including 2017 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards: Silver, Pre-Teen Fiction – Fantasy; 2017 USA Best Book Awards Finalist in Children's Fiction; 2018 Oregon Book Award Finalist in Children's Literature; 2018 Gertrude Warner Awards for Middle-Grade Readers Shortlist
• Middle grade authors are constantly up against huge media properties like Star Wars and Minecraft and Frozen, yet still maintain a firm hold in children’s book sales; 3 of the top-selling authors on Nielsen's 2016 Children's Book Report were middle grade authors .
• Fantasy fiction is surging globally in both in literature and in film-related franchises, due to the popularity of Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and other fantasy book series-turned-film/television blockbuster successes (The Guardian, The Atlantic).
• Many Americans view protecting the environment as a top priority; in 2017, more than half (55%) of Americans ranked the environment as a top policy issue that President Donald Trump and Congress should tackle that year. (Pew Research Center)
• Middle readers
• Young adult readers
• Adult fiction/fantasy fans
• Nature lovers, conservationists, environmental groups, vegans, and animal rights activists
The only thing Avery Hood can remember about the night her parents died is that she saw silver-deadly silver, moving inhumanly fast. As much as she wants to remember who killed them, she can't, and there's nothing left to do but try to piece her life back together. Then Avery meets the new boy in school-Ben, mysterious and beautiful, with whom she feels a connection like nothing she's ever experienced. When Ben reveals he's a werewolf, Avery still trusts him-at first. Then she sees that sometimes his eyes flash inhuman silver. And she learns that she's not the only one who can't remember the night her parents died.Part murder mystery, part grief narrative, and part heart-stopping, headlong romance, Low Red Moon is a must-read for teen paranormal fans. As breathless as Twilight and as spooky as Shiver, this is a book to be devoured in one sitting-by an acclaimed YA author making her paranormal debut under the pseudonym Ivy Devlin.
NOW A NETFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES
Lemony Snicket returns with the last book before the last book of his bestselling A Series of Unfortunate Events. Scream and run away before the secrets of the series are revealed!
Very little is known about Lemony Snicket and A Series of Unfortunate Events. What we do know is contained in the following brief list:The books have inexplicably sold millions and millions of copies worldwidePeople in more than 40 countries are consumed by consuming SnicketThe movie was as sad as the books, if not more soLike unrefrigerated butter and fungus, the popularity of these books keeps spreading
Even less is known about book the twelfth in this alarming phenomenon. What we do know is contained in the following brief list: In this book, things only get worseCount Olaf is still evilThe Baudelaire orphans do not win a contestThe title begins with the word ‘The’
Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.
Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't feel. Feel, but never ever love.
From the moment Alina touches London's hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in.
Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers powerful enough to keep the queen in her prison. Three are dead. One remains … And to fight back, Alina risks sacrificing everything she has come to love.
This New Adult urban fantasy is packed with action and suspense and will have you yearning for more forbidden fae romance.
24symbols is a digital reading service without limits. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and read all of the books offered in our catalogue on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 1 million books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".