The psychology of anxiety - Knowing it to understand its functioning mechanisms
Publisher: Stefano Calicchio
What is anxiety? What differentiates pathological anxiety from functional anxiety? How does it declines into psychological disorder and what are its characteristics?
In this guide you will find the basic notions of psychology explained in a simple, clear and exhaustive way to understand the functioning of anxiety and its pathologies. The book takes the reader by the hand and accompanies him through gradual discovery steps, which highlight the key points of the subject.
In the course of reading you will learn:
- how to distinguish functional and adaptive anxiety from pathological anxiety;
- what the main anxiety disorders are;
- what are the related genetic, biological and environmental explanations;
- what characterises a psychological diagnosis of anxiety;
- the main methods of intervention to deal with the anxiety.
Psychology for all! Understanding the scientific basis of psychology has never been so simple, thanks to a line of practical manuals and immediate consultation that can provide the reader with exactly the information he or she is looking for.