Split-Level - A Novel
Publisher: She Writes Press
• Approximately 50 percent of all married couples in the United States divorce; the U.S. has the fourth highest percentage of divorced couples in the world.
• The average length of a marriage that ends in divorce is eight years.
• The average age of couples going through a divorce is thirty years old.
• Lifetime will be airing a new show in 2018 called The Seven Year Switch. In it, four couples evaluate the pros and cons of switching partners.
• The mid-1970s and Watergate cast a shadow of scandal and mistrust throughout the nation that made people cynical and affected families and friends (Washington Post). In many ways, there is a repeat of these issues today as reflected in the media.
• Women’s fiction comprises at least 40 percent of adult popular fiction sold in the United States and approximately 60 percent of adult popular fiction paperbacks. (American Bookseller Association and Book Industry Study Group).
• Women of all ages, from young housewives to working women to older women who may have lived the 1970s culture
• Women in book clubs and book groups
• Women and men who went through a divorce when they were young
• Men interested in the changing mores of society
• Those people interested in the era of the 1970s and how that decade changed families, marriage, and sex and influenced art, music, and our American culture
• Anyone who has considered trying an open marriage