Science of Parenthood - Thoroughly Unscientific Explanations for Utterly Baffling Parenting Situations
Publisher: She Writes Press
• The gift book market is booming: Perigee reports 2014 sales up 20 percent over 2013. Gift books also sell exceptionally well as impulse buys (with few returns) in brick-and-mortar stores. (Publishers Weekly)
• US Census statistics show that there are more than 85 million moms in the US everyone knows a parent/guardian who could use a good, quick laugh.
• A 2011 survey done by the Cooperative supermarket chain in Great Britain found that parents have about 90 minutes of “free” time for themselves—and that reading books is one of the top things they miss doing most.
• Five of the top 15 books on the New York Times best-selling Family books list are hilarious, irreverent reads like this one.
• TV shows like The Big Bang Theory, Myth Busters, and Outrageous Acts of Science, together with catalogs like ThinkGeek and Facebook pages like I F*cking Love Science, have made science hip, fun, and accessible to nonscientists of all ages.