Blackbird - A Novel
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
• Debut literary fiction for fans of antiheroes and readers of Caroline Kepnes.
• From Breaking Bad to Game of Thrones and American Pyscho to Gone Girl, audiences of all types are infatuated with anti-heroes. Readers want to root for the underdog, the villain, and the morally corrupt. Blackbird fits into this space easily and gives readers the next darkly compelling story they’ve been looking for.
• International interest: Japanese rights have already been sold to HarperCollins Japan and French rights have sold to Flammarion.
• Michael and his agent are in the process of developing Blackbird for television. He’s signed on with a production company and is working with book-to-screen specialist, Lane Shefter Bishop of Vast Entertainment.
• Michael is a writer and video game designer with connections in both worlds including: Jim Butcher, Tucker Max, Zach Parsons, and Kevin Mitnick among others.