If you are thinking about using the French canals to passage between the UK and the Mediterranean then this booklet contains all the information you need.
It describes the Routes, the regulations the paperwork - How where and when to get the qualifications and license, the depths, air heights, locks and a whole lot more.
There are 'charts' throughout, the distances, dimensions & main stopping places and is the only publication to list ALL the possible stopping places on the Rhone River!
Based on a true story. Two señoritas return to a tropical location in search of land or a house to buy or rent, to escape the wintry conditions in their own country. However, all does not go to plan, and they face unexpected events, which they could not have envisaged.
When cartoonist Alex Hallatt wanted to learn Spanish, she moved to the Basque Country. She thought she might stay a few months and ended up there for over two years, living in a small town near San Sebastian.
This is the illustrated account of her years in Hondarribia. It is a useful resource for anyone planning on spending time in the Basque Country, detailing what to expect in each month and how to make the most of the geographical, culinary and cultural attractions on offer.
Insight Explore Guides: pocket-sized books to inspire your on-foot exploration of top international destinations.
Experience the best of Cancun and the Yucatan with this indispensably practical Insight Explore Guide. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see attractions like Chichen Itza, to discovering hidden gems, including the region's cenotes (sinkholes) and idyllic beaches, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will help you plan your trip, save you time, and enhance your exploration of this fascinating/thrilling region.
- Practical and packed with inspirational insider information, this will make the ideal on-the-move companion to your trip to Cancun and the Yucatan
- Enjoy over 15 irresistible Best Routes to walk, from Cancun itself to the Riviera Maya.
- Features concise insider information about landscape, history, food and drink, and entertainment options
- Invaluable maps: each Best Route is accompanied by a detailed full-colour map, while the large pull-out map provides an essential overview of the area
- Discover your destination's must-see sights and hand-picked hidden gems
- Directory section provides invaluable insight into top accommodation, restaurant and nightlife options by area, along with an overview of language, books and films
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.
24symbols is a digital reading service without limits. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and read all of the books offered in our catalogue on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 1 million books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".