FREE Introducing Graphic Guide Sampler
Publisher: Icon Books
Introducing Graphic Guides is the bestselling series which explores big ideas from Quantum Theory to Psychoanalysis using concise, authoritative text and graphic novel-style illustrations.
For the very first time 28 titles are now available in ebook format for all e-reading devices.
This free ebook sampler contains extracts from six books:
• Introducing Psychology asks what exactly psychology is, precisely, where has it come from and the extent to which it can be considered scientific.
• Introducing Quantum Theory explores bizarre paradoxes which contradict the logic of classical physics in the work of Planck, Einstein, Bohr, Heisenberg, Schrodinger and others
• Introducing Islam recounts the history of the religion from the 6th century to its status as a global culture and political force today.
• Introducing Statistics book traces the rise of statistics from the ancient Babylonians, Egyptians and Chinese, to the censuses of Romans and the Greeks, and the modern emergence of the term itself in Europe.
• Introducing Capitalism tells the story of the remarkable and often ruthless rise of capitalist politics and economics, which have evolved through strife and struggle as much as innovation and enterprise
• Introducing Feminism explores women's conscious struggle to resist discrimination and sexist oppression from the 17th century to the present day.
Find out more about the series at introducingbooks.com/ebooks