The Joy of Hygge - How to Bring Everyday Pleasure and Danish Coziness into Your Life
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
Hygge (pronounced “hoo-gah”) is a Danish word that describes the feeling of being cozy, comfortable, and at peace with the world. It’s almost impossible to translate to English, and it’s probably the reason that Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world.According to the London Evening Standard, hygge takes us beyond mindful meditation and adult coloring books and introduces us to a comfortable, warm, relaxing lifestyle exemplified by those in Denmark.The Joy of Hygge is packed with recipes to warm you on a winter’s evening, craft ideas for decorating your home, and inspirational suggestions for enjoying the magic of everyday pleasures. Learn how to make your life more hyggelig by:
• Creating a snuggly pair of hand-knitted socks
• Filling your house with more light and nature displays
• Building a cozy campfire for friends and family
• Taking advantage of picnics, bike rides, and woodland walks
• Appreciating the natural wonders that surround us every day
• And more!
Remember—a little hygge brings a lot of happiness.