Writers' & Artists' Guide to How to Hook an Agent - Q&A help and advice for authors
Publisher: Bloomsbury Yearbooks
The W&A Guide to How to Hook an Agent is the definitive guide to putting together a manuscript submission and attracting the attention of a literary agent.
Structured around a series of real-life questions raised at Writers' & Artists' successful 'How to Hook an Agent' events, this lively and accessible Q&A guide provides everything an unpublished writer needs to know about seeking the representation of a literary agent. Full of practical detail and examples of good and bad practice, it covers:
· Responses to over 180 questions asked by writers about getting an agent
· How to research and approach an agent
· The key ingredients of a submission
· How to draft a successful covering letter
· What to expect when working with an agent
· The agent-publisher relationship
· Contracts, rights and royalties
This unique guide is suitable for writers of fiction and non-fiction and writing across different genres and age ranges.