An expert on ethical leadership analyzes the complicated history of business people who tried to marry the pursuit of profits with virtuous organizational practices—from British industrialist Robert Owen to American retailer John Cash Penney and jeans maker Levi Strauss to such modern-day entrepreneurs Anita Roddick and Tom Chappell.
Today’s business leaders are increasingly pressured by citizens, consumers, and government officials to address urgent social and environmental issues. Although some corporate executives remain deaf to such calls, over the last two centuries, a handful of business leaders in America and Britain have attempted to create business organizations that were both profitable and socially responsible.
In The Enlightened Capitalists, James O’Toole tells the largely forgotten stories of men and women who adopted forward-thinking business practices designed to serve the needs of their employees, customers, communities, and the natural environment. They wanted to prove that executives didn’t have to make trade-offs between profit and virtue.
Combining a wealth of research and vivid storytelling, O’Toole brings life to historical figures like William Lever, the inventor of bar soap who created the most profitable company in Britain and used his money to greatly improve the lives of his workers and their families. Eventually, he lost control of the company to creditors who promptly terminated the enlightened practices he had initiated—the fate of many idealistic capitalists.
As a new generation attempts to address social problems through enlightened organizational leadership, O’Toole explores a major question being posed today in Britain and America: Are virtuous corporate practices compatible with shareholder capitalism?
From the bestselling author of A More Beautiful Question, hundreds of big and small questions that harness the magic of inquiry to tackle challenges we all face--at work, in our relationships, and beyond.
When confronted with almost any demanding situation, the act of questioning can help guide us to smart decisions. By asking questions, we can analyze, learn, and move forward in the face of uncertainty. But "questionologist" Warren Berger says that the questions must be the right ones; the ones that cut to the heart of complexity or enable us to see an old problem in a fresh way.
In The Book of Beautiful Questions, Berger shares illuminating stories and compelling research on the power of inquiry. Drawn from the insights and expertise of psychologists, innovators, effective leaders, and some of the world's foremost creative thinkers, he presents the essential questions readers need to make the best choices when it truly counts, with a particular focus in four key areas: decision-making, creativity, leadership, and relationships.
The powerful questions in this book can help you:
- Identify opportunities in your career or industry
- Generate fresh ideas in business or in your own creative pursuits
- Check your biases so you can make better judgments and decisions
- Do a better job of communicating and connecting with the people around you
Thoughtful, provocative, and actionable, these beautiful questions can be applied immediately to bring about change in your work or your everyday life.
Why your business should use social media!
We are connected 24/7 and social media has become an integral part of our life. It is changing how we communicate with each other and share information. We connect on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Even as consumers we are discussing buying decisions, sharing experiences and directly getting in contact with brands, products and services online.
Businesses and marketers need to understand this shift and find the right channels to open a dialogue with their target audiences. Regardless of industry, consumers flock to social media to inform themselves, often with an actual intend of buying. They are no longer passive consumers who get besieged with newsletters, emails, banners, print and television ads, but now are actively searching information and reviews online to make an informed buying decision.
Social media should be part of the overall marketing efforts no matter if you are a B2C or B2B company. It should be viewed as an additional element of an integrated marketing campaign, which can provide a great opportunity to increase awareness, generate buzz, customer loyalty and acquire potential new customers.
Do you want to achieve your Online Marketing goals and profit margins this year?Would you like to know proven marketing methods built strategically to boost today's online business? If yes, read on...
In Online Marketing: 2 Books in 1: Social Media Marketing + Content Marketing to Learn Step-by-Step the Best Online Marketing Strategies to Boost Your Business, you will discover:
- How to harness the power of the internet and Social Media to bring in a substantial income stream
- What Social Media Marketing is and how it works to boost your business
- How to begin your path on becoming a marketing guru on Social Media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Effective Social Media Strategies to apply for each of the most popular Social Media platforms being used today by your target market
- The various Social Media Marketing tools you can implement now to help you gain profits
- Eight proven ways on how to effectively monetize the content that you use when promoting your products and services
- How to dramatically shift your thinking into the right Content Marketing mindset in properly leveraging its advantages to get ahead in your business
- A comprehensive list of more than 40 website links and video resources to get you started right way with Content Marketing
- Six reasons why Content Marketing is critical to your business or company’s success
- A step-by-step plan on how to connect your target niche with your Content Marketing for business success
- How to effectively learn about your target audience for better Content Marketing
- Nine strategic places to place your content online for your target audience to easily access
- A comprehensive Content Marketing Plan for Successful Campaigns outlined in easy steps and complete detail
- Seven critical mistakes to avoid in Content Marketing in order to save you time, money and online resources
- Eight Secret Strategies on What Makes Great Content which leads to profit
…and much, much more!
- Includes 2 Bonus Chapters: "How to Use Facebook Ads to grow your business" and "Integrating Content Marketing with Social Media Marketing”With easy-to-follow techniques and step-by-step details on each chapter to help you get results - even if you have basic knowledge of Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing or Online Marketing or have never sold a product or service before using these marketing methods, you will find strategies in this book bundle that are both simple and practical to do to help your business or company reach that next level to achieve marketing success and increased profits.So if you want to promote your products and services using this effective Online Marketing approach that leverages both social media and content and aims to boost your business this year, click on the “Buy Now” button to get started.
Named one of 100 Leadership & Success Books to Read in a Lifetime by Amazon EditorsAn innovation classic. From Steve Jobs to Jeff Bezos, Clay Christensen’s work continues to underpin today’s most innovative leaders and organizations.The bestselling classic on disruptive innovation, by renowned author Clayton M. Christensen.His work is cited by the world’s best-known thought leaders, from Steve Jobs to Malcolm Gladwell. In this classic bestsellerone of the most influential business books of all timeinnovation expert Clayton Christensen shows how even the most outstanding companies can do everything rightyet still lose market leadership.Christensen explains why most companies miss out on new waves of innovation. No matter the industry, he says, a successful company with established products will get pushed aside unless managers know how and when to abandon traditional business practices.Offering both successes and failures from leading companies as a guide, The Innovator’s Dilemma gives you a set of rules for capitalizing on the phenomenon of disruptive innovation.Sharp, cogent, and provocativeand consistently noted as one of the most valuable business ideas of all timeThe Innovator’s Dilemma is the book no manager, leader, or entrepreneur should be without.
24symbols is a digital reading service without limits. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and read all of the books offered in our catalogue on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 1 million books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".