This book, newly updated, contains now several HTML tables of contents that will make reading a real pleasure!
The first table of contents (at the very beginning of the ebook) lists the titles of all novels included in this volume. By clicking on one of those titles you will be redirected to the beginning of that work, where you'll find a new TOC that lists all the chapters and sub-chapters of that specific work.
1. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
2. The Divine Comedy (Dante Alighieri)
3. Meditations (Marcus Aurelius)
4. Emma (Jane Austen)
5. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
6. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (L. Frank Baum)
7. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)
8. Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
9. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Anne Brontë)
10. Don Quixote (Miguel de Cervantes)
11. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Agatha Christie)
12. The Richest Man in Babylon (George S. Clason)
13. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle)
14. Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad)
15. A Tale Of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
16. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
17. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
18. Middlemarch (George Eliot)
19. The Innocence of Father Brown (G. K. Chesterton)
20. The Border Legion (Zane Grey)
21. The Scarlet Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
22. Think And Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
23. The Odyssey (Homer)
24. The Iliad (Homer)
25. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame (Victor Hugo)
26. Les Misérables (Victor Hugo)
27. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
28. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Washington Irving)
29. The Turn of the Screw (Henry James)
30. The Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka)
31. The Jungle Book (Rudyard Kipling)
32. The Call Of The Wild (Jack London)
33. Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy)
34. War and Peace (Leo Tolstoy)
35. At the Mountains of Madness (H.P Lovecraft)
36. The Call of Cthulhu (H.P Lovecraft)
37. Anne of Green Gables (Lucy Maud Montgomery)
38. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (Joseph Murphy)
39. Treasure Island (Robert Louis Stevenson)
40. The Fall Of The House Of Usher (Edgar Allan Poe)
41. Swann's Way (Marcel Proust)
42. The Federalist Papers (Publius)
43. Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
44. Dracula (Bram Stoker)
45. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Mark twain)
46. The Art of War (Sun Tzu)
47. Tao Te Ching (Lao Tzu)
48. Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (Lew Wallace)
49.The Science of Getting Rich (Wallace D. Wattles)
50. The War of the Worlds (H. G. Wells)
Beatrix Potter\'s Best Storybook Ever!!
The tale is based on the Aesop fable, \"The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse\", with details taken from Horace\'s Satires 2.6.79-117. It tells of a country mouse and a city mouse who visit each other in their respective homes.
The first volume of the classic collection of Middle Eastern stories, including “Tale of the Three Apples” and “Tale of the Trader and the Jinni.” To be chosen by King Shahriyar as a wife was a death sentence. After a single night of marriage, he executed each of his wives. So when Scheherazade was picked, she knew her time on Earth had reached its end—unless she could hold the king’s interest. To that end, each night she spun a new enchanting, erotic, mesmerizing tale, always keeping the king guessing as to its conclusion—and sparing her life for another thousand and one nights. The first volume of this collection, translated by the renowned British explorer Sir Richard Burton, begins the stories that Scheherazade told . . .
Tragedy. Truth. Triumph.
Tragedy at Longbourn forces Miss Elizabeth Bennet to face certain truths about her family, compelling her to chart her own course in life.
Darcy long admired Elizabeth even though her family’s lack of propriety, their want of connections and fortune, and his sense of their inferiority prevented him from forming any serious designs on her.
Will Elizabeth’s new path in life allow Darcy to overcome all his objections, leading them straight into each other’s arms? Or will other family obstacles keep them apart?
❝The promise, therefore, was given and must be performed.❞ - Jane Austen
What if Mr. Thomas Bennet's first-born daughter is promised to the elder Mr. Darcy's first-born son?
Are promises made always promises kept?
Or is a love like Fitzwilliam Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennet's destined to prevail?
You'll fall in love with Darcy and Elizabeth all over again while reading this heartwarming Pride and Prejudice what-if story. Grab your copy now!
By Reason, by Reflection, by Everything is a fast-paced, 50,000+ words novel. Also available in paperback (296 pages).
A titillating tale of two strangers in the night. Because now and then, a short and steamy romantic escape with our dear couple is what you're searching for.
Long after the Netherfield household has retired, a servant shows Mr. Darcy to an apartment thought to be unoccupied. The gentleman is more than capable of attending himself for the night, and thus the servant is dismissed. What is Darcy to do when he discovers someone else in his bed?
Feeling as though she is carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders, with no one to help see her through, Elizabeth awakens from a restless slumber to find a stranger in the room.
Utterly disappointed in her life, she is poised to embark on a path destined to cause her misery of the acutest kind mainly for the sake of her family. Will Elizabeth put her own needs above everything else - if only for one night?
Does Elizabeth dare spend her life forever regretting what might have been, or does she choose a night with Mr. Darcy to remember?
A Night with Mr. Darcy to Remember is just that—one night and quite a steamy one at that. At under 10,000 words, this story is best termed a novelette. It is short. It is provocative. A tale of two strangers in the night, it is also enticing.
A fan of short and steamy romantic escapes with Darcy and Elizabeth? If yes, look no further. Intended to be the first of a number of episodic encounters, this novelette presents but the first of many obstacles for Darcy and Elizabeth on their journey to happily ever after—obstacles they must face together and against all odds.
Insults and Disdain. Intrigue and Desire.
An impertinent stranger is thrown into Fitzwilliam Darcy's path and, even though he declares her tolerable but not handsome enough to tempt him, it is all he can do not to think of her.
Upon first making Mr. Darcy's acquaintance, Miss Elizabeth Bennet is quite fascinated with him. Then she discovers that the gentleman is haughty and above his company, and she wants nothing to do with him.
Still, the prospect of spending time in each other's company is beyond their power to resist. Will Darcy and Elizabeth stop lying to themselves and find in the other what's been missing in their lives?
24symbols is a digital reading service without limits. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and read all of the books offered in our catalogue on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 1 million books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".
24symbols’ service is managed by Bestsharer S.L. If you have any questions, you can consult our Terms and Conditions, our online help, contact us at [email protected], [email protected] or through our telephone hotline at (+44) 02034995037 Mo-Fr 09:00 am - 5:00 pm. If you subscribed through your mobile operator and you no longer want to continue with your subscription, we will miss you but you can directly cancel your subscription here or sending an SMS.