The Buddha Sat Right Here - A Family Odyssey Through India and Nepal
Publisher: She Writes Press
• Motherhood and emotional labor are current hot topics. Gemma Hartley’s essay “Women Aren’t Nags – We’re Just Fed Up” published in Harper’s Bazaar was viewed nearly two billion times.
• According to Brigid Schulte, New York Times best-selling author of Overwhelmed, American mothers have only about thirty-six minutes a day to themselves.
• Current trends indicate a movement away from traditional religion towards more inclusive views of spirituality; 25% of Americans describe themselves as “spiritual, not religious.”
• 8% (close to 18 million) of Americans practiced some form of mindfulness and meditation on a regular basis.
• A total of 66,960,943 U.S. citizens traveled outside the country in 2016.
• Since 1960, the number of expats has tripled: in 1960 there were 73 million expats worldwide, today there are 230 million.
• This book will appeal to those who are discontent and looking to shake things up and try new things.
• Mothers and families
• People unhappy with the status quo