Buried Saints - A Memoir
Publisher: She Writes Press
• Anyone who has felt pressured to keep traumatic family issues a secret will find support in this book.
• The rapid uprising of the #MeToo movement in 2017 and its continued prevalence shows just how tuned in the world is to sexual violence and abuse, and the goal to bring it to an end.
• One in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before they turn eighteen years old. (National Sexual Violence Resource Center)
• 34 percent of people who sexually abuse a child are family members of the child. (National Sexual Violence Resource Center)
• Anyone who has struggled with traumatic family secrets
• Anyone who has tried to hold a marriage together in the midst of tragedy
• Anyone who was sexually assaulted as a child
• Parents/family members of people who were sexually assaulted as children
• Counselors, therapists, doctors, teachers, and other professionals who work with victims of sexual assault
• Readers of memoir