Nonstop - Driven by the Sea
Publisher: Delius Klasing Verlag
- He is the future (and already current) superstar of the German pro-sailing-scene.
- Born in Germany in 1982, MBA from the University of Bremen, he is the fastest person who sailed around the world – in 47 days. He holds several records at sea as well as four circumnavigations
- Pro – after a decade as a teamplayer, he now (in 2020) aims at the most difficult regatta of the world: the Vendée Globe, main sponsor BMW and the Monegasque Royal family, in person of Pierre Casiraghi.
- Special about Herrmann: a sailor by passion, not only single handed but also with a team, very fastidious in terms of knowing his boat. But as well a kind of philosopher, knows to keep the big picture in mind, to cherish the wonderfulness of nature and the ocean.
- 2007 German Champion with the 505er
- Two years ranking leader, Vice – European Champion and Europe Cup winner
- 2008 Artemis-Transat-single handen from Plymouth to Boston – Class 40 – 2nd place
- In 2009 winner of (with Felix Oehme) the Portimao Global Ocean Race (Regatta in 5 stages around the world – Kapetown, Wellington, Ilhabela (Brasilien), Charleston (USA), Portimao. All in all 145 days with the BELUGA RACER (Class 40).
- First German participant 2010/11 at the Barcelona World Race , reaching after a einer nonstop-Tour (with Ryan Breymeier) a respectable 5th place.
- With Imoca and Malizia several speed records