An authoritative, quirky trivia book divided into themed chapters. Whitaker's Little Book of Knowledge contains thousands of general knowledge gems: from everything you learned at school to fascinating lists of contemporary 'top-tens', mini-biographies of famous artists and writers, plus condensed guides to films and works of art and literature. In addition, there is a light-hearted journey down memory lane featuring humorous entries on forgotten treasures from different decades and a stand-alone sport chapter with guides to both well-known and obscure sports, key rules, a glossary of terms and short biographies of the world's greatest sporting heroes.
Facts are both newly researched and drawn from the rich treasure-trove of the Whitaker's Almanack archive, which dates back to 1868.
Whitaker's Little Book of Knowledge is a truly unique ready-reference containing fascinating facts for every trivia buff while providing a unique insight into the world from the 19th century through to the present day.
Early childhood teachers continue to seek activities that promote STEM-based learning. But most STEM books focus on science and math, excluding technology and engineering. Creative Investigations in Early Engineering and Technology helps teachers create a more well-rounded STEM learning program.
Whether you are a teacher looking for ways to strengthen the math learning in your early childhood classroom, an educator in a community of practice who wants to learn more about teaching math in developmentally appropriate ways, or a teacher-educator who wants to offer students an easy-to-use reference and guide for helping young children develop their math competencies and skills, this text will help you make math learning a fun and worthwhile activity in your setting. Filled with photographs of children engaged in real experiences that demonstrate specific math concepts, chapters follow a developmental order. • One-to-one correspondence • Forming sets • Object counting • Patterning • Measurement • Two- and three-dimensional geometric shapes • Parts and wholes • Computation
Practical manual of analytical chemistry is written with the idea of presenting a well-documented, student friendly laboratory manual for B.Pharmacy 1st year students. It is being observed during academic experience that students have problems in understanding the basic concepts and the calculation part. Most of the students generally transfer the instructions to practical book without clearing the basic concept. Practical manual has been revised according to the latest syllabus as prescribed by Pharmacy Council of India. Hope this manual will meet the needs and requirements of undergraduate pharmacy students.
1. To perform the limit test for chlorides in the given sample of Sodium Chloride (NaCl)
2. To perform the limit test for sulphate in the given sample of Potassium Sulphate (K2SO4)
3. To perform the limit test for iron in the given sample of Sodium Chloride (NaCl)
4. To perform the limit test for arsenic in the given sample of Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4)
5. To Prepare and standardize 250 ml of approximately 0.1N Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH)
6. To Prepare and standardize 250 ml of approximately 0.1N Sulphuric acid (H2SO4)
7. To Prepare and standardize 250 ml of approximately 0.1M Sodium thiosulphate (Na2S2O3)
8. To prepare and standardize 250 ml of approximately 0.1 N Potassium permanganate (KMNO4)
9. To prepare and standardize 250 ml of approximately 0.1 N Ceric Ammonium Sulphate (NH4Ce (SO4)4) 2H2O
10. To determine the % age purity of given sample of Ammonium Chloride.
11. To find out the percentage purity of given sample of Ferrous Sulphate (FeSO4.7H2O)
12. To determine the percentage purity of given sample of Copper Sulphate (CuSO4.5H2O)
13. To find out the % age purity of given sample of Calcium Gluconate
14. To determine the % age purity of given sample of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2).
15. To determine the % age purity of given sample of Sodium
16. To determine the % age purity of given sample of Sodium chloride. ELECTRO ANALYTICAL METHODS
17. To determine the normality of strong acid (H2SO4) in the given unknown solution by titrating against strong base (NaOH) using conductometry.
18. To determine the normality of strong acid (H2SO4) and weak acid (CH3COOH) in the given unknown solution by titrating against strong base (NaOH) using conductometry
19. To determine the normality of strong acid (H2SO4) in the given unknown solution by titrating against strong base (NaOH) potentiometrically.
Learn how to use herbs to care for your skin, hands, and feet. Herbs for Healthy Skin" provides a wealth of information on skin and skin care. Many people turn to herbs because skin problems can become persistent and little relief is found with pharmaceutical drugs. Herbs are often less expensive and safer to use than over-the-counter sprays and ointments. You can learn how to simply treat many skin conditions yourself, at home, using herbs that you can grow or buy.
With information on treating diaper rash, anthrax, acne, athlete's foot, aging skin, cold sores, and wounds naturally, Dr. Jones also provides suggestions for controlling infections and keeping them from spreading through your household. Also learn how to care for feet and prevent odor, corns, and aching feet.
Nine herbs are chosen for detailed monographs including chamomile, lavender and thyme. Simple instructions for growing your own herbs and making your own ointments are included. Learn how skin changes from birth through aging. There are also over a dozen easy to make recipes for skin care products and instructions for personalizing them to meet your needs. This is a lot of information in a short, easy to read book. If you have skin, this book can help you!"
"Aubrey Beardsley" by Robert Baldwin Ross. Published by Good Press. Good Press publishes a wide range of titles that encompasses every genre. From well-known classics & literary fiction and non-fiction to forgotten−or yet undiscovered gems−of world literature, we issue the books that need to be read. Each Good Press edition has been meticulously edited and formatted to boost readability for all e-readers and devices. Our goal is to produce eBooks that are user-friendly and accessible to everyone in a high-quality digital format.
Keep these things in mind when a family member or friend has borderline disorder.
Having talked to and interacted with many people who have borderline personality disorder, I could not leave the knowledge I gained to myself. So I wrote this book to help those who know little about the condition and know even less about how to handle the situation. In this book you'll learn:
What to do when a borderliner lashes out against you.
More about borderline disorder and how to deal with those who have it.
Tips and tricks to keep your emotions under control and stay calm.
Some of the most common pitfalls, based on experience.
24symbols is a digital reading subscription service. In exchange for a small monthly fee you can download and enjoy reading from our complete catalogue of ebooks on any device (mobile, tablet, e-reader with web navigator or PC). Our catalogue includes more than 500,000 books in several languages. This subscription can be terminated at any time in the section "Subscription".