Children's Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2017
Foreword by Frances Hardinge
The annual, bestselling guide to all aspects of the media and how to write and illustrate for children and young adults. Acknowledged by the media industries and authors as the essential guide to how to get published.
The 70+ articles are updated and added to each year. Together they provide invaluable guidance on subjects such as series fiction, writing historical or funny books, preparing an illustration portfolio, managing your finances, interpreting publishers' contracts, self-publishing your work.
NEW articles for the 2017 edition included on:
- Wanting to be a writer by Simon Mason
- Finding new readers and markets by Tom Palmer
- News and trends in children's publishing 2015-16 by Caroline Horn
- Series fiction: writing as a part of a team by Lucy Courtenay
- Creating a children's comic by Tom Fickling
All of the 2,000 listings of who to contact across the media have been reviewed and updated.
The essential guide for any writer for children.