The Finest Nines - The Best Nine-Hole Golf Courses in North America
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
Over the past few years, perhaps due to an increase in work and family commitments, there has been a noticeable rise in the number of golfers interested in playing nine-hole courses. Although there are close to eight thousand such courses worldwide, how do golfers determine which are the best ones to play? In The Finest Nines, golf writer and historian Anthony Pioppi highlights the twenty-five finest nine-hole courses in North America and details how to play each one. Some of the courses featured include:
• Whitinsville Golf Club—Whitinsville, Massachusetts
• Sweetens Cove Golf Club—South Pittsburg, Tennessee
• Birchwood Country Club—Westport, Connecticut
• LivingStone Golf Course—Calgary, Alberta
• Aetna Springs Golf Course—Pope Valley, California
• And many more!
This book also includes an interview with course designer and architect Mike Nuzzo about designing a nine-hole golf course in the modern era as well as profiles of courses that have a non-traditional number of holes. The Finest Nines is the perfect gift for the avid golfer who does not have the time to play a full eighteen holes!