The CIA World Factbook 2017
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
The 2017 edition of the US government’s country-by-country guide to the world, covering politics, geography, populations, military, economics, and more.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2017 offers complete and up-to-date information on the world’s nations. This comprehensive guide is packed with essential data on the state of the world through 2016. For each country, The CIA World Factbook 2017 includes:
- Detailed maps with new geopolitical data
- Statistics on the population of each country, with details on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structure
- New data on military expenditures and capabilities
- Information on each country’s climate and natural hazards
- Details on prominent political parties and contact information for diplomatic consultation
- Facts on transportation and communication infrastructure
Also included are appendixes with useful abbreviations, international environmental agreements, international organizations and groups, weight and measure conversions, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this is a must-have resource for students, travelers, journalists, and businesspeople with a desire to know more about their world.
Available since: 11/22/2016.
Print length: 4902 pages.