Effective date: 30 June 2011.
Personal Information Collection
When you sign up for a 24symbols account or purchase 24symbols' services available on the 24symbols web site, we may ask you for certain personal information such as, but not limited to, name and surname, email address, age and gender. In addition, when you use 24symbols, the 24symbols Service and 24symbols Websites, we will automatically receive information about your use of the application, service and website including personal information such as, but not limited to, the 24symbols content you access, date and time of your request, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version.
If you use the Social capabilities in 24symbols (as defined in the 24symbols Terms and Conditions of Use), we will receive and store your Facebook user name.
We will use your personal information
- to communicate with you regarding your account or other customer service issues;
- to properly provide you with the products that you have purchased or subscribed for;
- to expose and display customized advertisement and other content;
- to serve personalized versions of 24symbols, the 24symbols Service and the 24symbols Website;
- to improve our current offering and/or develop new products and services;
- to ensure proper technical and user experience functioning of our products and services; and
- to protect the copyright-protected content of the 24symbols Service (e.g. by limiting access to the 24symbols Service content to those users with a 24symbols account).
If you use the Social capabilities of 24symbols, you might share your Facebook user name and your Facebook profile picture to other 24symbols users (e.g. if you publicly share books you like); if you tweet a passage of a book by using the Social capabilities of 24symbols, your Twitter account will be visible to everyone that follows you in Twitter, or to anyone that might find your tweet. If you do not wish for such use of your personal data taking place, you should not use the 24symbols Social capabilities.
Personal Information Sharing
Unless you give us your explicit approval in advance we will only share your personal information, including 24symbols affiliates (being other companies controlled by or under common control with us) when necessary to:
- Provide you with the products or services that you have purchased or requested.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the 24symbols Terms and Conditions of Use
- Comply with laws and regulations or respond to litigation.
- Allow advertising audits and analysis measuring the size and composition of the group of users that have listened to and/or viewed an advertisement or other promotional information.
- Allow us to share usage information to our third party recommendation and search engines so they can provide personalized recommendations and/or searches based on your previous content accessed, the votes you assigned to content, public comments realized, or other information that might allow our partners to provide a better service to you. However, we will not share information that might identify you personally, and will not permit the third party to use the information we provide for any other purpose as to the one defined above.
- Allow us to share aggregated statistics about use of 24symbols and the 24symbols Service with our business partners. We will not, however, share personally identifying information with these partners or any third parties, except under the narrow circumstances described above.
Transfer of personal information to other countries
We take a number of steps to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access. For example, we ask you to use a unique and strong password and not to share this information with anyone. In addition, we use encrypted transmissions to limit access to the systems that store your personal information. Further, we respect and comply with EU legislation on data protection.
Access to and correction of personal information
You can access and update some of the personal information we keep on you through the 24symbols Service or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request upon verification of your identity within a reasonable period of time, and to the maximum extent practical.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) that we can access when you visit the 24symbols Websites in future. We do this to help improve the user experience of the website.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
English version prevails